Wednesday, 1 June 2011

He loves me... He loves me not (2/4)

God’s love sets us free.

Psalm 56:3 in the Amplified Bible - - “What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You”. 

God does not want us to live afraid.  What casts out fear?  God’s LOVE.  Once the truth that God loves you gets rooted in your heart, you can continue on without fear.  You will have courage to face anything.  And when you do become afraid you can do what this verse says, put your trust in God. Why? Because God is all-knowing, ever-present and all-powerful.  If He is on your side, who can be against you?

1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love's complete perfection].

One of the great hindrances to accepting God’s love is having suffered from rejection. I spent my younger days trying to earn affection by being perfect – which I couldn’t be of course; always in the back of my mind was “maybe if I’m good enough they will love me”.  I was set free from this when I discovered and understood that God truly loves ME, just the way I am, just for me – when I understood that there was nothing I could do to earn His love. 

If you have grown up being hurt, rejected or betrayed, which produces fear, then your mind needs to be renewed on this one point before you try to “do” anything for God (which is another subject in itself). Rejection is a weapon that the enemy wields against us to keep us bound and hopeless. Satan does not want us to discover the boundless love of God in Christ, because when we do, we will joyfully give ourselves to Him and fearlessly go anywhere, do anything He leads us to do.

So let’s continually be ‘growing into love’s complete perfection’. Let’s water that love with the Word, and through talking to God throughout each day.

He loves me… He loves me not… ???

God is LOVE and He LOVES US !

1 comment: